Pennsylvania One Call System, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Customer Service Representative to join our team in West Mifflin, Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania One Call System, Inc. is a non-profit service company dedicated to minimizing utility service interruptions, reducing on-the-job injuries and deaths, promoting a higher level of public safety and protecting the environment, available 24 hours per day, every day of the year. We are seeking motivated, dependable people to staff our inbound contact center located in West Mifflin. Responsibilities including handling inbound calls, webchat, and email, from homeowners and excavators digging in Pennsylvania, gathering information about their proposed excavation project for relay to utilities and other underground facility owners to mark the location of known buried facilities. The position requires extensive telephone work and data entry in a structured environment.
We are looking for a motivated, dependable individual who can listen to customer requests, locate proposed excavation sites on a map, accurately capture project data, and relay information to underground facility owners. The successful candidate for this role will have genuine desire to help customers, active listening skills, strong typing and spelling skills, and the ability to read a map.
- Handle inbound interactions homeowners, excavators, designers and utility companies
- Communicate empathetically with our customers to understand and address their needs
- Work accurately with close attention to detail
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience within a customer facing environment preferred
- Exceptional phone skills and persuasive communication style
- Must be socially focused; “How can I help you?" attitude and a fast learner
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations
- Proficient with a computer and ability to navigate through multiple applications including, but not limited to: Web applications,
Chrome, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams or Zoom
- Typing speed of 40+ WPM required
- Flexible schedule
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans offered
- Attractive 401(k) Plan
- Short Term & Long-Term disability (Company Sponsored)
- Company paid Life Insurance
Interested, qualified candidates: Submit Resume
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE